The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Serve as subject matter expert to ensure compliance with applicable standards of infection prevention and control and to meet Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements.
- Perform surveillance for healthcare-associated infections in accordance with current CDC standards and monitor other command performance improvement activities pertaining to infection prevention and control.
- Conduct epidemiological investigations and devises control measures to contain or eliminate outbreaks.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary healthcare teams to identify, assess and mitigate infection risks.
- Design and conduct in-service training programs, both formal and informal, for staff, patients and families.