At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Specific Job Responsibilities: It is the duty of all employees to understand and perform their
job tasks to the highest level at all times.
* Room patients, take and document vital signs, and assist provider with medical exam.
* Evaluate patients for immediate medical need and report to provider.
* Perform accurate charting, assessments, and intervention and follow-up per scope of practice.
* Assist with scheduling of appointments as required for inside or outside health care providers, including hospital/out-patient surgeries.
* Collaborates with the Medical Provider and TAN regarding phone messages, pharmacy refills and ancillary test results in a timely manner.
* Maintains the capability of performing Paramed procedures; i.e., phlebotomy, spirometry,
audiometry, electrocardiography, etc.
* Responsible for weekly facility orders per facility training and scheduling.
* Respond to and participate in all clinical emergencies and maintenance of emergency
* Performs procedures and administers medications and narcotics per scope of
* Assist nursing department in procedures, tasks and duties specific to the job role of the
licensed nurse scope of practice.
* Adhere to infection control, universal precautions, and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient care procedures, maintenance of equipment, and disposal of waste.
* Access and interpret needed information from facility MSDS book or MSDS on-line in a prompt manner.
* Attends and participates in all mandatory nursing/administrative department meetings/inservices.
* Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of licensure.