Join the highly skilled allied health team at Baylor Scott & White Health. We are currently seeking a Certified Histotechnicians to work in one of our laboratory. The Certified Histotechnicians prepare specimens for microscopic evaluation and diagnosis by Pathologists. The Certified Histotechnician will have experience in specimen collection and triage, specimen processing, microtomy techniques, routine and special staining, frozen section technique and special specimen preparation including EM, cytology, etc. The Certified Histotechnician is also experienced in research and development of procedures to complete special projects, and is a leader who can provide assistance overseeing Histotechnicians, students and Laboratory Aides to improve performance and processes within Histopathology Laboratory. Other duties of the Certified Histotechnician include the following:
- Processes surgical and autopsy tissue for H&E slides and performs a variety of special stains to contribute to quality patient care.
- Performs routine embedding that produces proper orientation of the tissue; Microtomes tissue blocks to appropriate microns as needed; and maintains accuracy of blocks to slides readied for staining in accordance with existing procedures
- Coverslips stained microscopic slides meeting the average productivity measure as determined by the supervisor/section chief and operates the Sakura cover slipper proficiently.
- Cuts frozen sections within the 5-10 micron range to allow for use in routine diagnoses as well as in non-routine studies.
- Performs accepted computer procedures in accessioning all clinical, and regional clinic specimens in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in a Clinical Lab Science, Chemical, Physical or Biological Science, or Associates Degree in Clinical Lab Science, or 60 semester hours of qualified science course work, completion of an approved medical laboratory training program.
Our competitive benefits package includes immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% and tuition reimbursement.
Answer the call to health care excellence.
The largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States, Baylor Scott & White has 49 hospitals, more than 800 patient care sites and more than 5,800 affiliated physicians devoted to exceptional patient care. With a commitment to and track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, we are one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations.
We exist to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Here, you’ll learn the difference between being a health care provider, and being one who truly serves others. You’ll also enjoy more than just a job. At Baylor Scott & White Health, you’ll find your calling.
To apply, visit our career site at http://jobs.bswhealth.com/ and enter 7136922 in the keyword search field.