Providence is calling a Primary Care Registered Nurse (On-Call, Variable Shift) to the Long Term Care Center at Providence Seward Mountain Haven in Seward, AK.
Providence Seward Mountain Haven is the first long term care facility in Alaska to implement the Green House® project. What does this mean, you ask? The Green House® project means that each lodge will meet and maintain key standards, including small size, home layout, advanced staff training and low caregiver ratio (5:1). Seward Mountain Haven includes 4-lodges, each housing 10-Elders who are able to live healthier and happier lives because of the Green House® project. Our Caregiver teams are self-managed and have consistent staffing. Nestled against Iron Mountain, in Seward, AK, it is a great home for the Elders to live out their later years!
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for Elders in a long term care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to Elders and their families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for the resident care for a specific group of Elders, to include, supervision of team members including the Shahbazim
- Coordinate referrals to other members of the clinical support team, families and physicians
- Serve as the point of contact for Elder information
- Be accountable for the delivery and supervision of safe, quality care that is individualized for their assigned Elders and follows the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act (assessment, planning implementation, evaluation).
- Perform all duties in a manner that respects and supports the Elder centered care model.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska at time of hire
- Proficiency in medication administration
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Six (6) months nursing experience in a health care facility including acute care, long term care, and/ or a rehabilitation center
- Wound care experience
- Knowledge of lymphedema care highly recommended
- Ability to become proficient in IV therapy within scope of practice according to licensure
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Supervision/leadership experience
About the Ministry you will serve:
Located only 125 miles away from Anchorage on Resurrection Bay, Seward offers a small community feel and access to a multitude of world class outdoor activities. Providence Seward Mountain Haven includes 4-lodges, each housing 10 Elders. Our caregivers (employees) enjoy being part of a team that works and lives with purpose while receiving ongoing training on cutting edge skills and career growth opportunities that come with being part of one of the largest not for profit health systems in the United States.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Long Term/Transitional Care Nursing
Req ID: 154488