Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant to the Centralia Internal Medicine Clinic in Centralia, WA.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) and is eligible for benefits.
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant to perform assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the RN or Provider. The MA-C cares for patients by following the standard rooming process. The MA-C may also be required to schedule needed testing, aid in telephone follow-up work, computer data entry, pend prescription refills and referral entry. May float to other clinics and/or departments as requested. Follows general guidance and direction by the Provider, Practice Manager/Director, Clinic Supervisor and RN. Employee will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental, hospital, and organizational policies and procedures (as appropriate). The MA-C is expected to operate within the defined scope of practice of a Certified Medical Assistant as credentialed by the State of Washington and per Providence Medical Group guidelines.
In this position you will:
- Complete preceptor evaluation as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Hand out requested patient information, i.e. AVS, as directed by RN or Provider.
- Accepts objective suggestions for performance improvement.
- Serve as a member and participates in committees for department as assigned.
- Demonstrate self-motivation by independently following through with assignments.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited certified medical assistant program.
- Active Interim Certificate or Active Medical Assistant Certified through Washington State; required by date of hire.
- If in Active Interim Certification Status applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire: AAMA, AMT, NHA NCCT.
- Current BLS – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Previous experience in a physician office setting.
About the clinic you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 153011