The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) provides general medical care and treatment to Westmed patients in the Internal Medicine department. This is done in direct collaboration with a licensed physician, and in accordance with an approved written practice agreement and guidelines. Services provided by the NP will include health maintenance, management of acute/episodic illnesses and management of stable chronic illnesses.
Essential Job functions:
* Provides clinical services and develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with collaborating physician(s).
* Obtains patient medical history and performs physical examinations and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines.
* Initiates necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
* Confers with collaborating physician(s), nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care, and to prepare a comprehensive patient care plan. Refers to appropriate physician(s) for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a NP's scope of practice.
* Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans. Obtains consultations and/or referrals as appropriate. Ensures all follow-up appointments are completed on a timely basis.
* Responds to patient inquiries, answers questions and refers questions to physician(s) as appropriate.
* Documents all patient care services in the electronic medical record.
* Provides health education counseling to patients and families as appropriate; and supports programs for patients and their families. Answers questions about condition and treatment plan.
* Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk management activities.
* Completes required continuous training and education, including practice specific requirements. Demonstrates professional work behavior and complies with organizational policies and procedures and federal and state requirements.
* Establishes and maintains patient educational materials;
* Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
* Respects and protects the patient's rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for the professional purposes which are in the patient's best interests with full consideration of their legal rights. Displays a positive attitude when interacting with physician's office staff, physicians and fellow employees of the office.
* Other Job duties as discussed
A friendly and fast-paced environment working with passionate people
Outstanding growth opportunities
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability, HSA, and Life Insurance
401K plan with company matching contribution
Cash Bonus Programs
Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
Other Perks & Discounts
Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Our Company cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. Our Company does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. Our Company will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. Our Company will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select Our Company locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/JobScams or file a complaint at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/.
Summit Health is a physician-led, patient-centric network, committed to simplifying the complexities of health care. Formed by the 2019 merger between Summit Medical Group, one of the nation’s premier independent multispecialty medical groups, and CityMD, the leading urgent care provider in the New York metropolitan area, Summit Health delivers a more intuitive, comprehensive, and responsive care experience for every patient, regardless of stage of life or health condition, through high-quality primary, specialty and urgent care in New Jersey, New York, and Central Oregon.