If you are a current Resident or Fellow looking for exposure to practicing in a Value Based Care setting, this is the right opportunity for you! Optum is offering moonlighting opportunities to current Residents and Fellows in Los Angeles, Orange County and Riverside.
Our moonlighting physicians will get to practice in one or several of our Urgent Care Centers located in Pasadena, Glendora, Downtown LA, Montebello, Long Beach, Mission Hills, San Bernardino and Covina. Moonlighting physicians will also get early access to our talent network for full-time positions at our 70+ locations and faster on boarding process.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- Urgent Care Per Diem positions with shift differentials
- Work schedule: 5, 8, 10, and 12 hour shifts to cover nights, weekends, and holidays
- Average Daily Patient Census: 1.5 - 3 patients an hour depending on site
- Must be currently enrolled in a residency or fellowship program
- Must be a US citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Must have completed at least 2 years of residency training in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Med/Peds prior to start date
- Postgraduate Training License or Unrestricted California State Medical License required prior to start date
- Current paid-status DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Current ACLS certificate required prior to start date
- Current PALS certificate required (if applicable) prior to start date
- Letter from program showing good standing and approval to moonlight at external entities from program director
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high-performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.