Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Polyclinic (a part of Optum) Plastic Surgery Center is one of the largest private plastic surgery groups on the West Coast, offering a complete range of male, female, and transgender cosmetic and reconstructive surgery services, as well as non-invasive cosmetic treatments.
Our six board certified surgeons have more than 100 years of combined experience. They treat each patient with customized care and will approach your surgery as skilled artists with one goal in mind: to enhance your natural beauty. Our staff comprises skilled and compassionate professionals who are committed to ensuring our patients the best possible surgical experience. We patients like part of our family and as a team are here to support throughout the continuum of care.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Plastic Surgeon at our site on 1228 Madison Street, Seattle, WA. The practice is housed on the 16th floor of the Nordstrom Tower and is adjacent to Swedish Hospital.
- Join a growing team of six Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who do the full scope of plastic and reconstructive surgeries
- Case mix is broad, but our most common cases are Breast Reduction, Breast Reconstruction, Facelift, and Transgender TOP surgeries
- Our site includes a four suite, Medicare Certified Ambulatory Surgery Center and an Aesthetic Center to do lasers, body contouring, vaginal rejuvenation
- Each surgeon gets block time 2-3 days per week. We do ~115 cases per month and have an OR turn-around time of approximately 30 mins
- Big cases requiring admission will be done at Swedish Hospital across the street
- You will have 1-2 days of clinic, where you'll see ~20 patients, and that count includes your new patient consults, pre-op and post-op
- Current wait time for a consult is 24 days; typical average at full staff is 14 days. Wait time for a procedure is 30+ days
- Call is light and only taken for your patients | we do not take ER or hospital call
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Plastic Surgery | completion of an ACGME accredited PS Residency
- Unrestricted Washington State License | Washington DEA
- Ability to be privileged at Swedish and any other hospitals (as needed)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- We are currently only looking for residency-trained Plastic Surgeons and not considering ENT's with Facial Plastics Fellowships
- Preference for surgeons who can start before October 2022, but will consider anyone finishing training in summer 2023 if willing to sign early
- Practice is open 5 days per week but would consider 4 days for the right candidate. Compensation would be scaled to match FTE.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.